How To Cook Black Lentils
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Lentils.
• 1 cup black lentils
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse the lentils in a fine mesh sieve and drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger, and smoked paprika and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
3. Add the lentils and vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
5. Add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve warm. Enjoy!