How To Cook Black Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Beans.
– 1 pound of black beans
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 teaspoons of cumin
– 2 teaspoons of oregano
– 1 teaspoon of chili powder
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 4 cups of water
1. Rinse the beans thoroughly and pick through them to remove any debris.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, oregano, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Pour in the beans and water, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cover.
5. Let the beans cook for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary. The beans are done when they are soft and tender.
6. Enjoy! Serve with rice, tacos, burritos, salads, or whatever you like.