How To Cook Black Beans Dry
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Beans Dry.
1 cup of dry black beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and black pepper, to taste
4 cups vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1. Rinse and sort the beans, removing any stones or debris.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
4. Add the beans, broth, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans are cooked through and the liquid has reduced.
6. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Serve warm. Enjoy!