How To Cook Bacon In The Microwave
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bacon In The Microwave.
Preparing Your Bacon for the Microwave
For best results, you should always use high-quality bacon from your local butcher or grocery store. Avoid pre-cooked bacon as it will not give you the same crispiness and texture that you are looking for when cooking bacon in the microwave.
1. Begin by laying the bacon strips along the bottom of a microwave-safe plate.
2. Cover the bacon with a paper towel to absorb the grease that will be released.
3. Set the microwave to full power and cook for 1 minute for each strip of bacon.
4. Halfway through cooking, check the bacon and make sure it is not cooking too quickly. If it is, reduce the power setting to 50%.
5. Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the microwave and let it cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
• You can also add a few drops of water to the plate before cooking to help keep the bacon from drying out.
• To keep your bacon from splattering, use a deep plate or a bowl to keep the grease contained.
• For best results, use a bacon press to keep the bacon flat and help it cook evenly.
• You can also cook bacon in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.