How To Cook Bacon In A Microwave
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bacon In A Microwave.
1. Place the bacon onto a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel. If you want to keep your bacon crispy, use a mesh tray designed for cooking bacon in a microwave.
2. Cover the bacon with another paper towel. This will prevent the bacon from splattering and will also help to absorb some of the fat.
3. Cook the bacon in your microwave on high for one to two minutes per strip. Cooking times may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, so be sure to check the bacon halfway through cooking.
4. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the plate and set aside. Discard the paper towels.
5. Let the bacon rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the bacon to cool and will also help to crisp up the fat.
Tips and Warnings:
• Make sure that your microwave is clean before cooking the bacon. Bacon fat can splatter, which can cause a mess and may attract bugs.
• If you want crispier bacon, cook the strips for an additional 30 seconds.
• If you plan to cook a large amount of bacon, it might be best to use an oven instead. Microwaves can overcook food, so it’s best to cook bacon in batches.
• Be careful when removing the bacon from the microwave, as the plate and the bacon will be hot. Use oven mitts or a kitchen towel.