How To Cook Artichokes In Instapot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Artichokes In Instapot.
– 2 fresh artichokes
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
– ½ cup of water
1. Start by washing the artichokes under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Slice off the top 1/3 of the artichoke and discard.
3. Cut off the stem and discard.
4. Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut off the sharp tips of the leaves.
5. Place the artichokes in the Instant Pot and add the butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and water.
6. Lock the lid in place and set the pressure release valve to the “sealing” position.
7. Select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” setting and set the timer for 5 minutes.
8. Once the cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
9. Carefully remove the artichokes from the pot and serve.
Tips and Variations
– For a crispy artichoke, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Once the artichoke is cooked in the Instant Pot, place them in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until the artichokes are golden and crispy.
– Feel free to add other herbs and spices to the Instant Pot before cooking such as rosemary, oregano, or thyme.
– You can also add a few tablespoons of white wine to the Instant Pot for added flavor.