How To Cook An Omelet
All you need to know about: How To Cook An Omelet.
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and lightly beat them with a whisk or a fork.
2. Add the milk, salt, and pepper to the eggs and whisk until the mixture is combined.
3. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt.
5. Swirl the butter around the pan to make sure the surface is greased.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let it sit for about 30 seconds.
7. With a rubber spatula, gently pull the edges of the omelet towards the center while tilting the pan to let the uncooked egg mixture slide to the edges.
8. Once the eggs are mostly cooked, add any desired fillings (cheese, vegetables, etc.) to one side of the omelet.
9. Use the spatula to fold the other half of the omelet over the fillings.
10. Let the omelet cook for a few more minutes until it is golden on the bottom and the cheese (or other fillings) are melted.
11. Gently slide the omelet onto a plate and serve.
Tips and Tricks
– Make sure to whisk the eggs until they are light and frothy for a fluffier omelet.
– Use a non-stick skillet to make sure the omelet doesn’t stick to the pan.
– Experiment with different fillings for a variety of flavors.
– Serve the omelet with toast and a side of fruit for a complete meal.