How To Cook Acorn Squash In Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Acorn Squash In Oven.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the two halves cut-side-up on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the squash cool for 10 minutes.
7. Scoop out the cooked flesh from the acorn squash halves and serve.
1. To make a sweeter version of this dish, brush the squash halves with melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake for 45 minutes.
2. For a savory version, brush the squash halves with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, and bake for 45 minutes.
3. If you don’t have butter, you can also use olive oil or coconut oil.
4. You can also roast the squash whole for about an hour.
5. To make the acorn squash easier to cut, pierce it with a knife and microwave it for 1 minute before cutting it in half.