How To Cook A Yam In The Microwave
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Yam In The Microwave.
Preparing the Yam
1. Start by scrubbing the yam with a vegetable brush, then rinse it off with cool water.
2. Pat the yam dry with a paper towel.
3. Prick the yam with a fork several times to prevent it from exploding in the microwave.
Cooking the Yam
1. Place the yam on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
2. Check the yam to see if it’s cooked. If it’s still hard, microwave it for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3. When the yam is cooked, remove it from the microwave and set aside to cool before serving.
Serving the Yam
1. Slice the yam into thick slices and serve it with your favorite toppings.
2. You can top the yam with butter, cinnamon, sugar, or any other topping of your choice.