How To Cook A Pumpkin For Pie
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Pumpkin For Pie.
1 medium-sized sugar pumpkin (about 3-4 pounds)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the sugar pumpkin in half. Use a large chef’s knife to cut the pumpkin in half, starting from the top and cutting down the center.
3. Scoop out the seeds. Use a large metal spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers from the inside of the pumpkin.
4. Place the pumpkin halves on a baking sheet. Place the two halves cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Bake the pumpkin in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the flesh is tender when pierced with a fork.
6. Let cool. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the pumpkin halves to cool.
7. Scoop out the flesh. Use a large metal spoon to scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin halves, discarding the skin.
8. Mash or puree the flesh. Mash the pumpkin flesh with a potato masher or puree it in a food processor or blender.
9. Use the mashed or pureed pumpkin in your favorite pumpkin pie recipe, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.