How To Cook A Deer Backstrap
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Deer Backstrap.
1. Start by cutting off the deer backstrap. Cut off any excess fat and gristle.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the deer backstrap and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. Cook the deer backstrap for 10-12 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
7. Remove the deer backstrap from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
• Make sure the skillet is hot before adding the deer backstrap to ensure a good sear.
• Be sure to let the deer backstrap rest for 5 minutes after cooking, this will help retain the juices and keep the meat moist.
• If you want to add extra flavor, try adding herbs and spices to the skillet before searing the deer backstrap.