How To Cook A Brisket In A Smoker
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Brisket In A Smoker.
1 brisket, 4-7lbs in size
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup black pepper
Optional: 1/4 cup garlic powder, paprika, and/or onion powder
1. Remove the brisket from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat your smoker to 250F.
3. Mix together the salt, pepper, and any other optional spices in a bowl.
4. Generously rub the brisket with the spice mixture.
5. Place the brisket in the smoker and cook for 2-4 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
6. Wrap the brisket in foil and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 200F.
7. Remove the brisket from the smoker and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
• Use hardwood like hickory, oak, or pecan to give the brisket a great smoky flavor.
• Wrap the brisket in butcher paper instead of foil to create a “bark” on the exterior of the brisket.
• If you want to add additional moisture to the brisket, wrap it in foil with a cup of apple juice or beef broth.