Butternut Squash How To Cook
All you need to know about: Butternut Squash How To Cook.
Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is a delicious and versatile vegetable that is packed with many health benefits. It is high in fiber and low in calories, making it an excellent choice for a healthy side dish. Roasting is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness of butternut squash and to make it a satisfying side dish. Here is how to roast butternut squash.
-1 butternut squash
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Brush each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the squash in a baking dish, cut side down, and bake for 45 minutes or until the flesh is fork tender.
5. Remove the squash from the oven and let cool slightly.
6. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and enjoy!
Tips and Variations:
-For a sweeter flavor, sprinkle the squash with brown sugar or maple syrup before roasting.
-For a savory flavor, add herbs such as rosemary or thyme to the olive oil before brushing onto the squash.
-For a spicier flavor, add chili powder or cumin to the olive oil before brushing onto the squash.
-For a creamy texture, mash the roasted squash with a fork or blend it in a food processor.
-For a crunchy texture, chop the roasted squash into cubes and roast in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Roasting butternut squash is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of preparation, you can have a nutritious and tasty side dish that everyone will love.