How To Cook Shank Ham
All you need to know about: How To Cook Shank Ham.
• 1 (7-pound) whole shank ham
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the shank ham in a large roasting pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, honey, mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
4. Spread the honey-brown sugar mixture over the ham, coating it evenly.
5. Bake the ham, uncovered, for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
6. Baste the ham occasionally with the pan juices.
7. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!