How To Cook A Pre-Cooked Spiral Ham
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Pre-Cooked Spiral Ham.
1 pre-cooked spiral ham
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Remove any packaging from the ham, including the plastic covering.
3. Place the ham in a roasting pan.
4. Cover the ham loosely with aluminum foil.
5. Heat the ham for about 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C).
6. Remove the foil and brush the ham with a glaze, if desired.
7. Place the ham back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the glaze is lightly browned.
8. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
– If the pre-cooked ham has a pop-up timer, it should not be used as a gauge for doneness. Use an instant-read thermometer instead.
– If the ham is too dry when it is finished cooking, wrap it in aluminum foil and place it in a 200°F (93°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help to moisten it.
– For extra flavor, add a glaze to the ham before baking. A simple glaze can be made with equal parts brown sugar and honey.