What do you want to cook today?
How To Cook Fried Chicken
All you need to know about: How To Cook Fried Chicken.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix to combine.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk and place in the flour mixture. Coat the chicken pieces evenly with the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add enough vegetable oil to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat the oil until it reaches 350°F.
- Add the chicken pieces to the hot oil and fry for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Flip the chicken pieces halfway through cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve the fried chicken while hot.