How To Cook Chicken On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chicken On The Stove.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and flour until combined.
6. Add the butter and flour mixture to the skillet and whisk until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
8. Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
9. Serve warm. Enjoy!