How To Cook Chicken In An Instant Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chicken In An Instant Pot.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2-3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (optional)
1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté the chicken for about 5 minutes, flipping it once halfway through.
4. Add the chicken broth and any herbs you’d like to use.
5. Close the lid of the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
6. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 6 minutes.
7. When the cooking time has elapsed, use the quick pressure release to release the steam.
8. Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot and remove the chicken using tongs.
9. Serve the chicken with your favorite side dishes, or shred it and use in salads, sandwiches, and other recipes.
Tips and Tricks
– If you’d like extra flavor, try adding a tablespoon of minced garlic or a tablespoon of your favorite herbs to the Instant Pot before cooking.
– If you’re cooking more than 3 pounds of chicken, you may need to increase the cooking time slightly.
– You can also use bone-in chicken breasts for this recipe, but you’ll need to increase the cooking time to 8 minutes.
– You can use chicken broth or water to cook the chicken in the Instant Pot.
– For a spicier dish, add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes or chili powder.