How To Cook Chicken For Soup
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chicken For Soup.
To make a chicken soup, the following ingredients are required:
– 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 2 carrots, diced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 8 cups of chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons of cold water
1. Start by heating up the vegetable or olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the pot and cook until they are lightly browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside.
3. To the same pot, add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the pot and stir to combine. Add the salt, black pepper, bay leaves, parsley, and thyme.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the cooked chicken back to the pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until it forms a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
9. Serve the soup hot with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!