How To Cook Chicken For Chicken Noodle Soup
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chicken For Chicken Noodle Soup.
-1 whole chicken
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 stalks of celery
-1 tsp of thyme
-Salt and pepper to taste
-8 cups of chicken stock
-1/2 cup of egg noodles
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and thyme to the roasting pan.
4. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Remove the chicken from the roasting pan and let it cool.
6. Shred the chicken and set aside.
7. In a large pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
8. Add the shredded chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and thyme to the pot.
9. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
10. Add the egg noodles and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
11. Serve the soup hot with freshly cracked pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!