How To Cook A Whole Chicken In The Instapot
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Whole Chicken In The Instapot.
1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup of olive oil
1. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper.
4. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
5. Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting.
6. Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and brown it on all sides.
7. Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and lock the lid in place.
8. Set the Instant Pot to the poultry setting and cook for 45 minutes.
9. Once the cooking is finished, allow the pressure to release naturally.
10. Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.