How To Cook A Whole Chicken In A Crock Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Whole Chicken In A Crock Pot.
1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Start by washing your chicken in cold water and patting it dry with a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
3. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get it into all the nooks and crannies.
4. In a medium skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and sear on all sides until the skin is golden brown and crispy. This should take about 8 minutes.
6. Place the chicken in the Crock Pot and add 1/2 cup of water.
7. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature is at least 165°F.
8. Remove the chicken from the Crock Pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!