How To Cook A Rotisserie Chicken
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Rotisserie Chicken.
Ingredients and Equipment
1 Whole Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Begin by preparing the chicken. Start by washing the chicken with cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat your BBQ Grill to 375°F.
3. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and season it with the salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. Make sure all the spices are evenly distributed.
4. Next, attach the chicken onto the rotisserie spit. Make sure the rotisserie is balanced and the chicken is secure.
5. Place the rotisserie on the BBQ Grill and let it cook for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
6. While the chicken is cooking, it is important to monitor the temperature of the grill. You can do this by using an instant read thermometer.
7. When the chicken is done cooking, insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh and make sure it reads 165°F.
8. Remove the chicken from the rotisserie, let it rest for about 10 minutes, and then serve.
• You can use any type of BBQ Grill for this recipe.
• Make sure to baste the chicken with olive oil every 15 minutes to ensure it is cooked evenly.
• If the chicken is browning too quickly, you can reduce the temperature or cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
• You can use any type of seasoning for the chicken.
• You can also use a rotisserie oven to cook the chicken.