How To Cook Corned Beef
All you need to know about: How To Cook Corned Beef.
• 2-3 lb. corned beef brisket
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp. pickling spice
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 cups water
1. Place the corned beef in a large pot or Dutch oven and add the garlic, brown sugar, pickling spice, bay leaf, and water.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 2-3 hours or until the beef is tender.
4. Remove the corned beef from the pot and let it cool slightly before slicing.
5. Serve with boiled potatoes, carrots, and cabbage for a traditional Irish meal.
• To make the corned beef even more flavorful, add carrots, onions, and celery to the pot.
• If you don’t have pickling spice on hand, a combination of mustard seed, coriander, peppercorns, allspice, and bay leaves makes a good substitute.
• To make the corned beef more tender, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the pot.
• Leftover corned beef can be used in sandwiches, soups, casseroles, and more.